Thursday, October 20, 2011

Toys City US Army Green Beret ODA 721

The Fall figure rush is on!  I received and unboxed my first Toys City figures recently.  Today I'll start off with the Green Beret.

This Special Forces "A" Team guy sports a woodland camo combat shirt and BDUs, and comes well-armed with a SCAR-H, drop down M9, tactical knife with wrist blade, and a LAW!  Whatever this guy is getting into, he'll be prepared to unload if things get hairy.

Overall, it's a real nice military set that seems to follow the real thing more or less.

Some issues I had with the figure: loose limbs.  While it doesn't affect the figures general ability to hold a pose too much, I would probably feel more comfortable if the joints were a bit stiffer.

Another more minor issue might be the choice of headsculpt.  TC went with the same head they used for their earlier Navy Seal Water's Edge dude (albeit without the camo face paint).  Luckily for me, I don't already own that one, but those who do might take exception to paying full boxed set prices for recycled parts.

In any case, I think I'm now a fan of Toys City.  The quality of the uniform and gear is pretty solid--comparable to other popular 1/6 military companies like Soldier Story.





Stay tuned for part two of my Toys City unboxing!  I'll be sharing my thoughts about their Pararescue Jumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment