Thursday, June 16, 2011

DID Konig Unboxed

As my collection grows, my space for unopened boxes shrinks.  Hence, I've been unboxing a lot more figures lately.  Here's the latest to get a breath of fresh air so to speak: DiD's Erwin Konig! 


Loosely based on Ed Harris' character in the movie "Enemy at the Gates", this action figure sports a great likeness of the actor and, as usual with DiD releases, a ton of accessories that translate into multiple costumes and display options.  I opt'd to use most of the winter gear for display purposes.  I must confess, however, that despite the wonderful details and high quality paint job, the figure suffers in the articulation department thanks to the fit of the outfits. 


This is not to say that the tailoring is bad, as it is really quite nice, but wearing the uniform and the winter coat definitely puts a clamp on putting Konig into sniper and other shooting poses.  Nonetheless, I'm very happy to own this figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment