Friday, June 17, 2011

Detolf

One of the many problems of being a collector is where and how to display your new items affordably whist keeping them clean and attractive.  Enter Ikea!  The Swedish purveyor of cheap home decor and funishings hit a veritable home run in creating their "Detolf", a 4-tier slim glass curio cabinet.  Selling for less than $100, these display cabinets are perfect for showing off your collection of toys and other smaller items.

Unfortunately for me, living in the beautiful state of Hawaii means (besides a higher cost of living) no Ikea, and finding someone selling a used Detolf is a rare event indeed.

So when I saw an ad on Craigslist recently advertising one for $50, I jumped at the opportunity.  It took some extended back and forth, but I finally picked it up yesterday and have started moving my action figures in there already.

Seeing my collection in there makes me realize I either have too many figures or not enough Detolfs, lol.  (of course it's likely the former, but oh wells)  :p

No comments:

Post a Comment