Sunday, May 29, 2011

New Pick Ups: Sideshow Duke Exclusive

I received the Sideshow Exclusive version of G.I. Joe Sergeant Duke this past Friday.  Although it took awhile to get to me, it was a good deal off eBay, so I can't complain too much  ;).  I have to admit, I didn't really care for it when it initially debuted--something about Sideshow's paint apps and sculpts just don't make a good first impression on me.  It might be my expectations now that Hot Toys, and other companies have raised the bar on realistic looking 1/6 scale figures.  However, since then, the whole set has grown on me and I decided to pick it up at my first opportunity. 

Unlike a lot of my figs, I unboxed him right away and immediately swapped out the body for a Hot Toys Sgt. Barnes nude.  I also added cloth boots (forgot which brand).  Geared up, I think he looks really good and would make a fine addition to anyone's collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment