Tuesday, May 10, 2011

G.I. Joe Beachhead Bash



In 2009, Sideshow Collectibles began producing 12" action figures based on the '80s 3 and 3/4" GI Joe Real American Hero toy line and cartoon series. While definitely a step up from the original 12" GI Joe action figures of old, in my opinion, the toys do not quite match the quality of current 12" military action figures from companies like Soldier Story, Dragon in Dreams, and Hot Toys.

Due to the timing of available parts, I decided to try making my own version of the character, Beachhead.

Using Sideshow's uniform, vest, gloves, and tags, I added in a Crazy Dummy head sculpt, ACI body, ACI balaclava, knee pads from Playhouse's Navy Seal Team 10 set, and DID shoes and backpack.
The result is a bit more realistic take, IMO, while still retaining some flavor of the RAH Beachhead.



No comments:

Post a Comment