Thursday, August 23, 2012

Crazy Dummy One Year Anniversary: US NAVY SEAL TEAM 8 GUNNER WITH MK48 MOD1

Today, I'm featuring a great military figure set from CrazyDummy (CD).  The "Anniversary" edition SEAL Team 8 gunner features a highly detailed MK48 Mod1 with desert camo and real metal parts.  CD invested a good bit of time and money on their own MK48 series and while their efforts have lead to a rather large glut of the guns on the market, seeing it included here is not such a bad thing.

Honestly, there are a number of good things in the box, starting with the HS.  While some might bemoan yet another 1/6 representation of actor Brad Pitt, CD did a nice job of sculpting his likeness and the paint apps are solid with clean execution and realistic tones overall.  The gear is solid as well, with very little QC or general quality complaints at all from me.  The AOR works well to me, especially if you use the included "RealTree"-style camo jacket, which really rounds out the look of the BDUs and makes it stand out from other modern desert unis released recently.

Perhaps the only thing that didn't quite work for me was the tan Oakley sunglasses.  While I appreciate it as an added value accessory, I don't think it looks right with this set.  I ended up using my own shades and will keep the Oakley's for another bash.

Overall, another winner from CD, who continue to crank out nice Modern soliders to keep Soldier Story and Toys City on their toes.

The camo jacket is great IMO!


I left off the drop down and some other bits for this shoot.  The MK48 is, like the other CD MK48s, very good.


Yes, another rendition of Mr. Angelina Jolie, but it's well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment