Wednesday, May 30, 2012

DAM 75th Ranger 1993 Somalia Grenadier

I actually passed over this figure initially despite wanting to continue collecting DAM/VTS's Black Hawk Down tribute line.  The reason for this was that I ended up with two copies of the Matt Eversmann Team Leader set due to a miscommunication with someone I was trading with on an action figure forum.

After unsuccessfully trying to get rid of the extra copy, I decided to just keep the set and pick up the loose parts necessary to complete the Grenadier version.  Luckily, I was able to secure the head, vest, and weapon for a good price and quickly went about slapping it together.  

I'm happy with the result, as it's only a bit off from getting the actual set.

In a way, it's kind of sad that the primary differences are just a few key parts, but I still love it.

No real problems with this set.  DAM has been reported to have some QC issues with their stuff, but I was lucky to have had things as they were intended to be.

Can't wait for more BHD from DAM!


No comments:

Post a Comment